Swiss Franc: Further weakness seen against US Dollar - UOB

Source Fxstreet

UOB’s Quek Ser Leang highlights that USD/CHF extended gains to 0.8294 despite overbought conditions, with intraday scope for further upside though a move to the major 0.8320 resistance is seen unlikely. On a 1–3 week horizon, he now expects the pair to test 0.8320 after a close at 0.8290, but judges the odds of a sustained break above this level as low while strong support has shifted to 0.8250.

Swiss Franc under pressure as Dollar stays firm

"24-HOUR VIEW: On Monday, USD rose to a high of 0.8278. When it was at 0.8270 yesterday, we highlighted that “conditions are overbought after the sharp rise over the past two days, but there is scope for USD to test 0.8290.” We pointed out that “a sustained advance above this level is unlikely.” USD then rose to a high of 0.8294 before closing at 0.8290 (+0.23%). While downward momentum is starting to slow, and conditions remain overbought, the advance is not showing signs of pausing just yet. Today, USD could edge higher, but any advance is unlikely to reach the major resistance at 0.8320. On the downside, support is at 0.8270."

"1-3 WEEKS VIEW: Two days ago (26 Oct, spot at 0.8250), we indicated that USD “has likely entered a range-trading phase between 0.8200 and 0.8290.” After USD rose to a high of 0.8278, we highlighted yesterday (27 Oct, spot at 0.8270) that “upward momentum is starting to build, and if USD closes above 0.8290, it could rise to 0.8320.” We added that “to sustain the momentum buildup, USD must not break below 0.8230 (‘strong support’ level).” USD then rose and closed at 0.8290. While we would have preferred a more decisive close above 0.8290, the price action suggests USD could test 0.8320. At this stage, the odds of a continued rise above this level are not high for now. The ‘strong support’ level is now at 0.8250 instead of 0.8230."

(This article was created with the help of an Artificial Intelligence tool and reviewed by an editor. Know more.)

Disclaimer: For information purposes only. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
placeholder
The Fed will sit still on October 28 — but 100 of 100 economists now expect a December hikeA Reuters poll run October 16-20 found 94 of 100 economists expecting the Fed to hold at 3.75-4.00% on October 28 — and all 100 expecting a hike in December, against less than half a month earlier. The market is close to the same price, with CME FedWatch at roughly 17% for October and 82.8% for December. With the Fed in blackout since October 17, here are the five dates that decide the rest of the year, what each one is priced for, and the two directions each can take.
Author  Irene Q.
Oct 22, Thu
A Reuters poll run October 16-20 found 94 of 100 economists expecting the Fed to hold at 3.75-4.00% on October 28 — and all 100 expecting a hike in December, against less than half a month earlier. The market is close to the same price, with CME FedWatch at roughly 17% for October and 82.8% for December. With the Fed in blackout since October 17, here are the five dates that decide the rest of the year, what each one is priced for, and the two directions each can take.
placeholder
Big Tech's $800 billion AI bill faces its first real test — free cash flow is the judgeAlphabet and Microsoft report after the close on October 28, Amazon on October 29, with hyperscaler AI capex running near $800 billion a year. Meta's negative free cash flow and 9.40% drop on October 22 was the warning; this week's prints decide whether cloud growth and backlog can pay for the buildout. Here are the consensus numbers, the free-cash-flow table and the two-sided test.
Author  Irene Q.
Oct 26, Mon
Alphabet and Microsoft report after the close on October 28, Amazon on October 29, with hyperscaler AI capex running near $800 billion a year. Meta's negative free cash flow and 9.40% drop on October 22 was the warning; this week's prints decide whether cloud growth and backlog can pay for the buildout. Here are the consensus numbers, the free-cash-flow table and the two-sided test.
placeholder
Tesla jumps 5% as Barclays puts a $450 target on the SpaceX merger — the chart was already pointing to 431Tesla closed at $391.62 on October 26, up 5.21%, after Barclays upgraded the stock to Overweight and lifted its target to $450 from $370, citing a sharp inflection in Robotaxi miles and a potential SpaceX merger. The move also completed a double bottom at $345.88 and $349.33, with a neckline at $388.56 and a measured target of $431.24. Here is what the upgrade actually says, why the chart and the analyst now point the same way, and what would break the target.
Author  Irene Q.
Yesterday 05: 30
Tesla closed at $391.62 on October 26, up 5.21%, after Barclays upgraded the stock to Overweight and lifted its target to $450 from $370, citing a sharp inflection in Robotaxi miles and a potential SpaceX merger. The move also completed a double bottom at $345.88 and $349.33, with a neckline at $388.56 and a measured target of $431.24. Here is what the upgrade actually says, why the chart and the analyst now point the same way, and what would break the target.
placeholder
Anthropic files for a $2 trillion IPO — the $80.7 billion loss is the decoy, the $450 billion compute bill is the riskAnthropic publicly filed its S-1 on October 26, revealing $16.29 billion of first-half revenue (+1,304% year over year) and a $80.7 billion net loss — of which $72.4 billion is a non-cash convertible-note charge. The real number is the $450 billion of signed, mostly non-cancelable compute commitments. Here is what the filing says, why NVDA, ARM and MU are the tradeable read-through, and the conditions that decide whether the AI trade passes its first public valuation test.
Author  Irene Q.
Yesterday 06: 02
Anthropic publicly filed its S-1 on October 26, revealing $16.29 billion of first-half revenue (+1,304% year over year) and a $80.7 billion net loss — of which $72.4 billion is a non-cash convertible-note charge. The real number is the $450 billion of signed, mostly non-cancelable compute commitments. Here is what the filing says, why NVDA, ARM and MU are the tradeable read-through, and the conditions that decide whether the AI trade passes its first public valuation test.
placeholder
Fed October Rate Decision Preview: Rate Hike Pause Has Become Consensus, How Will US Stocks, Dollar, and Gold React?The Federal Reserve will announce its October interest rate decision at 14:00 Eastern Time on October 28, and Fed Chair Warsh will hold a press conference at 14:30. Markets currently wide
Author  TradingKey
Yesterday 10: 21
The Federal Reserve will announce its October interest rate decision at 14:00 Eastern Time on October 28, and Fed Chair Warsh will hold a press conference at 14:30. Markets currently wide
Related Instrument
goTop
quote