NZD/USD: Immediate resistance is at 0.5980 – UOB Group

Source Fxstreet

As long as 0.5980 is not breached, the New Zealand Dollar (NZD) could decline further. The significant support at 0.5900 is highly unlikely to come under threat, UOB Group FX analysts Quek Ser Leang and Lee Sue Ann.

NZD is trading towards significant support at 0.5900

24-HOUR VIEW: “Yesterday, we held the view that ‘as long as 0.6005 (minor resistance is at 0.5995) is not breached, NZD could decline further.’ We were also of the view that ‘any decline is unlikely to reach 0.5940.’ Our view was not wrong, as NZD fell, reaching a low of 0.5951. While conditions are severely oversold, the weakness in NZD has not stabilised. Today, as long as 0.5980 is not breached (minor resistance is at 0.5965), NZD could weaken further. Given the oversold conditions, the significant support level at 0.5900 is highly unlikely to come under threat. There is another support level at 0.5925.”

1-3 WEEKS VIEW: “Yesterday (23 Jul, spot at 0.5980), we highlighted that ‘while the impulsive downward momentum suggests further NZD weakness, conditions are severely oversold, and it remains to be seen if NZD can break the next support at 0.5940.’ We did not quite expect the continuing sharp decline, as NZD fell to a low of 0.5951. Momentum remains strong, and a breach of 0.5940 will not be surprising. The next level to watch is 0.5900. Should NZD break above 0.6000 (‘strong resistance’ level was at 0.6030 yesterday), it would mean that the weakness that started in the middle of last week (as annotated in the chart below) has stabilised.”

Disclaimer: For information purposes only. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
placeholder
Gold posts first weekly gain in three weeks — can $4,200 hold through CPI?Spot gold closed at $4,194.645, up 1.47% — its first weekly gain in three weeks — and COMEX futures settled back above $4,200 at $4,220.30. Here are the drivers, the levels and the scenarios into Wednesday's CPI.
Author  Irene Q.
10 hours ago
Spot gold closed at $4,194.645, up 1.47% — its first weekly gain in three weeks — and COMEX futures settled back above $4,200 at $4,220.30. Here are the drivers, the levels and the scenarios into Wednesday's CPI.
placeholder
US September CPI preview: inflation set to hit 3.7% — will the Fed hike in December?US September CPI lands Wednesday with headline inflation seen at 3.7% y/y and core at 0.2% m/m. December hike odds sit near 70% — here are the scenarios, the calendar and the key levels.
Author  Irene Q.
12 hours ago
US September CPI lands Wednesday with headline inflation seen at 3.7% y/y and core at 0.2% m/m. December hike odds sit near 70% — here are the scenarios, the calendar and the key levels.
placeholder
Gold Price Forecast: Gold Rebounds Above $4,200, Can Falling Oil Prices Drive Another Rally?As of Friday (October 9), gold prices (XAUUSD) rebounded noticeably after consecutive declines. During today's Asian session, gold prices briefly rebounded above $4,200, reaching an intra
Author  TradingKey
Yesterday 09: 23
As of Friday (October 9), gold prices (XAUUSD) rebounded noticeably after consecutive declines. During today's Asian session, gold prices briefly rebounded above $4,200, reaching an intra
placeholder
Hurricane Isaias has shut in a quarter of Gulf oil output — can WTI clear $92 before Thursday's EIA report?WTI trades at $90.80 after rebounding roughly 3% from Wednesday's $87.96 low as Hurricane Isaias — the Atlantic season's first — forces producers to shut in about 25% of US Gulf of Mexico output. Brent holds at $103.41. The first official read on the disruption arrives with the EIA weekly petroleum report on Thursday 15 October — here are the key levels and both scenarios.
Author  Irene Q.
Yesterday 06: 38
WTI trades at $90.80 after rebounding roughly 3% from Wednesday's $87.96 low as Hurricane Isaias — the Atlantic season's first — forces producers to shut in about 25% of US Gulf of Mexico output. Brent holds at $103.41. The first official read on the disruption arrives with the EIA weekly petroleum report on Thursday 15 October — here are the key levels and both scenarios.
placeholder
【Daily Brief】Gold rebounds 1% off a two-month low, Nasdaq drops 1.25% and yields ease — the storm premium keeps WTI near $91Gold trades at $4,174 after rebounding from Wednesday's $4,090 two-month low, the Nasdaq fell 1.25% while the Dow edged higher, and the 10-year Treasury eased to 5.23% from the week's highs. Hurricane Isaias keeps about 25% of Gulf output shut in with WTI near $91, and bitcoin holds below $82,000. The next scheduled tests are the EIA report on 15 October and the FOMC on 27-28 October.
Author  Irene Q.
Yesterday 06: 28
Gold trades at $4,174 after rebounding from Wednesday's $4,090 two-month low, the Nasdaq fell 1.25% while the Dow edged higher, and the 10-year Treasury eased to 5.23% from the week's highs. Hurricane Isaias keeps about 25% of Gulf output shut in with WTI near $91, and bitcoin holds below $82,000. The next scheduled tests are the EIA report on 15 October and the FOMC on 27-28 October.
Related Instrument
goTop
quote