EUR/USD: Recovery delayed by Iran conflict – Commerzbank

Source Fxstreet

Commerzbank’s Michael Pfister notes that EUR/USD has rebounded on hopes for a Middle East ceasefire, but he doubts the war will end quickly and expects the pair to trade below pre-war levels for now. The bank has cut its June EUR/USD forecast by two cents, still looking for 1.18 after the war ends and 1.22 only by September 2027.

War-driven delay to Euro recovery path

"Earlier this week, the US president announced a temporary halt to attacks on Iranian energy facilities, which were extended yesterday, to allow time for productive negotiations. There have been many denials from the Iranian side since then, but the US side regularly addresses the ongoing negotiations."

"Amid this hope for an end to the war, the oil price at times fell significantly and EUR/USD was able to gain ground again."

"As long as the war continues, the exchange rate is likely to settle at lower levels than before the war."

"Since we now do not expect the war to end until the end of May, we have revised our EUR/USD forecast for the end of June downward by two cents."

"Although the war is likely to leave its mark on growth, the relief over its end should lift EUR/USD back to the level seen before the outbreak of the war (i.e., 1.18)."

"As a result, we no longer expect our projected high of 1.22 to be reached as early as September of this year, but rather in September of next year."

(This article was created with the help of an Artificial Intelligence tool and reviewed by an editor.)

Disclaimer: For information purposes only. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
placeholder
OpenAI tilts toward 2027 IPO as Anthropic prepares to list firstOpenAI is leaning toward postponing its initial public offering until 2027, per a New York Times report on June 25 citing people involved in the company’s internal deliberations. The shift represents a reversal from the late-2026 timeline OpenAI has signaled since January, with CEO Sam Altman rejecting any valuation below $1 trillion and CFO Sarah...
Author  Cryptopolitan
Jun 26, Fri
OpenAI is leaning toward postponing its initial public offering until 2027, per a New York Times report on June 25 citing people involved in the company’s internal deliberations. The shift represents a reversal from the late-2026 timeline OpenAI has signaled since January, with CEO Sam Altman rejecting any valuation below $1 trillion and CFO Sarah...
placeholder
Gold and Crypto Fall as Hot US Inflation Rattles MarketsAnother hot US inflation report arrived on Thursday, September 10, and all financial markets took a hit, including Gold, Bitcoin, and the S&P 500.It seems like even traditional safe-haven assets like
Author  Beincrypto
Sept 11, Fri
Another hot US inflation report arrived on Thursday, September 10, and all financial markets took a hit, including Gold, Bitcoin, and the S&P 500.It seems like even traditional safe-haven assets like
placeholder
Gold ETFs Just Had Their Second-Biggest Month Ever With $18 Billion InflowGlobal gold exchange-traded funds (ETFs) pulled in $18 billion in August, the second-largest monthly inflow on record, lifting collective holdings to an all-time high of 4,189 tonnes.The World Gold Co
Author  Beincrypto
Sept 11, Fri
Global gold exchange-traded funds (ETFs) pulled in $18 billion in August, the second-largest monthly inflow on record, lifting collective holdings to an all-time high of 4,189 tonnes.The World Gold Co
placeholder
Tesla Enters Vietnam With a $3 Million Sales Unit — and No AnnouncementThe Tesla Vietnam unit launched with roughly $3 million in capital, marking the carmaker’s formal entry into one of Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing electric vehicle markets.Tesla announced nothing. I
Author  Beincrypto
Sept 15, Tue
The Tesla Vietnam unit launched with roughly $3 million in capital, marking the carmaker’s formal entry into one of Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing electric vehicle markets.Tesla announced nothing. I
placeholder
USD/JPY Forecast: Yen Strength Puts 152 Support in Focus as BoJ Tightening LoomsUSD/JPY remains under pressure as the Japanese yen strengthens ahead of another potentially important Bank of Japan policy decision. The pair has fallen toward the mid-155 region after breaking below
Author  Beincrypto
Sept 22, Tue
USD/JPY remains under pressure as the Japanese yen strengthens ahead of another potentially important Bank of Japan policy decision. The pair has fallen toward the mid-155 region after breaking below
Related Instrument
goTop
quote